Recently I set up my gmail account to retrieve my yahoo emails. Since then I keep getting a notification on my LG3 phone that says, "authentication required" on a yahoo email account that I no longer use. I still have a yahoo email account that I use but the one that the notification refers to is no longer needed or used. If I clear out the notification on my phone, then it is back in a little while and sometimes there will be two notifications. I have gone to the unused yahoo account and signed in and looked for any way to stop the notification but have not been able to stop it. Any suggests as to what to do would be greatly appreciated.
    01-12-2017 08:01 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Is that old Yahoo account still connected to the phone somewhere? Open the Email app, tap Menu>Settings, and see if it's there in the accounts section. If so, select it and remove it.
    01-12-2017 02:48 PM
    Thanks B. Diddy. It seems like that is going to do the trick. I wasn't looking in the right place. You know the saying about not seeing the forest for the trees; that's me.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-13-2017 10:34 AM