From what I've read it seems like it will be easier for companies to integrate dual cameras into future smartphones (I'm referring to the back camera(s) not the front camera). As someone who's into photography I like this. It's also interesting how the SD 835 will be shrinking in size but will supposedly be more efficient. I know theres a lot of marketing hype so I'm not reading to far into what's being said yet but it's interesting none the less.
    01-12-2017 01:08 PM
    Yes, every little helps, but the two things that are required first are good hardware - and for that I doubt you can beat a large sensor - and good software.

Sent from mTalk
    01-12-2017 02:03 PM
    Yes, every little helps, but the two things that are required first are good hardware - and for that I doubt you can beat a large sensor - and good software.

Sent from mTalk
    Great point. I was checking out news about the Zenfone 3 Zoom. Also the Vivo XPlay 6, even though I don't know that that gets released in the US. They look great for someone that's into photography. I really like the Zoom, even if the processor isn't flagship material (Snapdragon 625)
    belodion likes this.
    01-15-2017 02:39 PM
    Yes, the Asus has intrigued me.
    Diehlirious likes this.
    01-15-2017 02:57 PM
    Yes, the Asus has intrigued me.
    Cool, it looks like maybe the Zoom 3 is our #1 pick so far? Keep me posted if you happen to see another camera-phone that you like? I'll def give you a heads up & add to this post if I come across a phone that could be as good or better.
    belodion likes this.
    01-15-2017 07:10 PM
    Cool, it looks like maybe the Zoom 3 is our #1 pick so far? Keep me posted if you happen to see another camera-phone that you like? I'll def give you a heads up & add to this post if I come across a phone that could be as good or better.
    Will do. But I'm coming from a Nokia Lumia 1020, mine no longer entirely reliable alas. One of the first things I check when new phones make their appearance is the camera performance. So far, I have not found any that can quite match the 1020, at least in respect of the extent to which you can crop the image and still get a good processing-artefacts-free image. Some phones may be better in other respects, such as dynamic range or colour accuracy, but those are not my main concerns.
    I doubt that large sensors are likely to be used again, so we shall have to see what dual cameras and other such hardware can deliver....together with software made possible by the latest processors, as you say.
    01-16-2017 10:24 AM
    Will do. But I'm coming from a Nokia Lumia 1020, mine no longer entirely reliable alas. One of the first things I check when new phones make their appearance is the camera performance. So far, I have not found any that can quite match the 1020, at least in respect of the extent to which you can crop the image and still get a good processing-artefacts-free image. Some phones may be better in other respects, such as dynamic range or colour accuracy, but those are not my main concerns.
    I doubt that large sensors are likely to be used again, so we shall have to see what dual cameras and other such hardware can deliver....together with software made possible by the latest processors, as you say.
    Wow, that's so interesting. So "processing-artefacts-free image" that's maybe extra noise or from what I've read unintended changes that are created after cropping? This is all new to me. Just curious, why is that your main focus?. True in relation to the dual cameras & hardware. I'm curious myself. Let's cross our fingers that with those advancements you'll be able to find something comparable to the 1020. I've always read about the 1020 & from what I've read it seems like a pretty good phone, underrated too. I'm just such an android enthusiast.. I'm the same though, the first thing I check is the camera performance & then I make sure the screen is 5.5 inches or bigger.. Right now it seems like I want to go w/ the Zoom 3 (should be released next month). I also can't help but be curious about what the future holds in 2007 in regards to the release of more dual cameras & the impact of the latest processors from a photography standpoint. So, I'm not sure whether to go w/ the Zoom 3 or wait & see what might come out later? What do you think?
    01-17-2017 01:19 PM
    I doubt that it will be anything less than excellent. My LG G4 has what was once, and probably still is, one of the best cameras on an Android device. The ability to crop heavily and still get good quality just happens to be important to me, but to most users it probably doesn't much matter. I did a comparison of the 1020 and the G4 in that respect here:
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=536358
    From reviews that I've read, and from limited personal experience, most of the current high-end Androids can produce excellent results, though perhaps not in that one respect of croppability.
    01-17-2017 02:17 PM
    The jury is still out on the 835, BUT from what I have read it should be interesting!
    01-18-2017 01:38 PM
    The jury is still out on the 835, BUT from what I have read it should be interesting!
    True I like the dual camera support, but the supposed size reduction w/ enhanced performance is neat. What peaks your interest?
    01-18-2017 09:21 PM
    I doubt that it will be anything less than excellent. My LG G4 has what was once, and probably still is, one of the best cameras on an Android device. The ability to crop heavily and still get good quality just happens to be important to me, but to most users it probably doesn't much matter. I did a comparison of the 1020 and the G4 in that respect here:
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=536358
    From reviews that I've read, and from limited personal experience, most of the current high-end Androids can produce excellent results, though perhaps not in that one respect of croppability.
    Interesting.. Huawei is also releasing a phone in the US at the MWC. I hope it's the P10 & not the Mate 9 pro. The P10 would be a contender. If I do purchase the Zoom 3 or P10 I can provide some feedback & even focus on the cropping aspect. Say I do purchase one of the two I'll ask you what cropping aspects or details to focus on since that's an area that I generally don't give too much attention. I really like the Zoom 3 though till I hear anything more about a potential P10 release...

Wow, I see what your saying. What you get as far as little noise when cropping on the 1020 is impressive. So that's interesting that you could take a pic & then be able to use part of it and the quality doesn't deteriorate..
    01-18-2017 09:25 PM