Hotspot not working after 1/2017 Android Update

A

AC Question

I was using my phone as a hotspot for my Chromebook earlier this morning. My phone (an Asus ZenFone 3 ZE552KL) asked me to install the new update and as soon as my phone restarted my Hotspot wouldn't work. The Chromebook connects but can't load pages (I get a DNS Problem Status Code -137). I live in Japan and get my phone service through a network called OSN (it piggybacks on the NTT DoCoMo network). I'm wondering if OSN blocked tethering, meaning I'll need to roll back my update, which I obviously don't want to do, or if this is a common problem other people are having and if there is any way to fix it. I need my Chromebook for work and it needs Wi-Fi or tethering. If anyone knows what the problem is please let me know.

123ben

Mar 10, 2017
Visit site
I may have had a similar problem when I updated my Asus Zenfone 3 (ZE520KL) with the android 7.0 update. The internet would work on the phone and my computer would connect to my phone as a hotspot, but I could not access the internet on my computer. I resolved my problem by re-updating the APN settings on my phone (Settings -> Wireless & networks: More -> Mobile networks -> Access point names) with the details of my mobile provider. Hopefully this might help someone who has a similar problem :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiaara