hello all,
    here's the thing.
    so my sister gave me her old Note 2 and she forgot her pin, so i did a reset using the volume up + home + power keys. it worked, but that was my second try. the first try got me into odin mode, since i first pressed the volume down key instead. into odin mode, i followed all the steps until it reached the "Downloading-do not turn off target" thing. it took so long that i removed the battery and opened up the phone again. it went okay, so i made a reset from there.

after that, i have been experiencing random reboots, the phone shutting down at average battery percentage (without the animation. it just turns black) and even the battery percentage is at 100% while plugged in, it doesn't indicate that the battery is full. instead, the full battery notification just pops out when i use it unplugged, then the phone just shuts down without animation.

is it a battery issue? or does this have something to do with me plugging out the battery while it was in that odin mode screen? i'm not really tech savvy, so this has been bugging me. thank you.
    01-13-2017 09:36 AM
    Pulling the battery when it was in Odin / download mode will not hurt the phone.... So that's not the issue.

Make sure the battery is snug and a tight fit.
    Many batteries have a thin plastic layer at the bottom of the battery that becomes unglued over time, find an old credit card or similar and cut a thin strip and wedge it under the battery.

If that's not the issue.... Then try a new / different battery.

If the phone still has issues after a factory reset and a new battery... Then it's hardware (motherboard).

Good luck
    01-13-2017 12:00 PM