how to fix my phone screen? if i touch something it goes somewhere else

A

AC Question

Hi, i apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this or what not but i have been having a problem since last night

i have a samsung galaxy S4 with the At&t carrier on android 5, it is not rooted or modded or anything it is the stock rom. it was also refurbished when i bought it

however, ever since last night, the top screen of my phone with the notifications bar will flat out not work at all. I have swiped in every way possible. In addition, to the areas that do still work, if I press anything it will touch somewhere else. for example, on my lock screen, when i'm trying to enter my pin with a 5, if i press 5 it will automatically always hit the 5 and the 6 button. and also, if i am trying to use the keyboard it will not press the letters i touch. for example, if i press the n key it will automatically press the v and the m key no matter what. i cannot search anything on my phone because i can barely type any slightly readable way, and i cannot access any part of top screen.

i checked for water damage, however all of the stickers were still white and there was no water. I took the battery out and put it back in many times. and i even factory rest and wiped my cache, it is exactly the same.

however, there is also this little snowflake looking piece right on the bottom right hand corner of my screen. i have no idea if this is a crack i got somehow or some indicator of some sort. i don't even know if it has been there for a while, i've just now noticed it

ive always tried cleaning the screen with a screen cleaner. nothing has worked? do i need to use windex or something else with it?

any help would be so appreciated, because i am really frustrated and i just now got to upgrade from a samsung s2 (lol), and i really don't want to go back to that.

thank you

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I agree. If there's a crack on the screen, then a small amount of moisture could have gotten in and caused problems without changing the water exposure stickers. Or there might have been some trauma to the phone that you don't remember or weren't aware of, and that might have jarred some connections loose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers