I have a samsung a3 and recently it has started slightly flickering on the screen, the last few days it has got worse, I took it to my EE shop today and they seem to think it is to do with not switching it off on a regular basis, is this right or is it something else.
    01-13-2017 05:11 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Do you mean that they were telling you not to keep the screen on for prolonged periods of time? If so, then it's true that burn-in can be a problem on AMOLED screens, but that's usually if the same screen is constantly showing. If you're doing a variety of activities that cause constant dynamic changes on the screen image, then burn-in is less likely.

Burn-in typically looks like a retained image on the screen. If the screen is uniformly pink and flashing, that sounds more like a faulty or damaged screen.
    01-13-2017 10:13 PM
    Hi b.Diddy
    Thanks for your reply ATM the screen is flashing constantly for approximately 20 mins then it is normal, it's like a block which covers about three quarters of the screen. When I have my phone on I do a variety of activity. I do play my games but don't think that would cause this. They said in the shop about switching my phone off more as this is probably the problem. The phone was fine until I done the recent update. Do I take it back into the shop as it is a contract phone and had it just over a year.
    01-15-2017 05:41 AM
    I really doubt it has to do with not switching the phone off more often. How frequently does this happen? Try booting into Safe Mode, which disables all 3rd party apps, and see if the problem happens: How do I use Safe Mode on my Galaxy A3?
    01-15-2017 12:53 PM