I have a Droid Turbo. I add music to it by plugging it into my computer and dropping folders of FLAC files into the "music" folder in my phone's file system. Recently I updated to Android Marshmallow, which now asks you to set a USB option when plugging in the phone. Now, when I open the "music" folder in the file system, I only see a small handful of those folders. There are 65 folders of music on my phone, and on my Windows computer, I see 12 folders. This is a problem, because it means I am unable to delete 53 folders of large music files off of my phone. Why is this happening and how do I fix it?
    01-14-2017 04:58 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Do any of those folders have names that start with a period? That would flag them as hidden. What happens if you go to the Windows Explorer settings and turn on the Show Hidden Files/Folders option?
    01-14-2017 05:02 PM
    The OP guest is me, fyi.

I always have Show Hidden Files/Folders on, and it is on now. I can see folders in the main file system that start with a period. None of my music folders start with a period. They are usually just named "Artist - Album".
    01-14-2017 05:08 PM
    When you pick the USB option, pick the one that is the least restrictive, like "transfer all files" as opposed to "music and pictures".
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-14-2017 08:08 PM
    ManiacJoe's idea is a good one -- swipe down the notification panel on your phone and tap the USB notification to get to those options. The "transfer all files" might also be called MTP. Make sure it's not set to PTP.
    01-16-2017 06:31 PM