My *BRAND NEW* HTC Desire 530 barely charges

A

AC Question

I got this phone less than 24 hours ago. Within a couple of hours, the battery got low so I plugged it in. It's been exactly 14 hours of charging the phone and it only increased 6% and continues dramatically increase the battery % just by doing simple actions on it. Do I need to go back and get a new one?? I'm using the charger it came with and I'm using reliable outlets but just nothing is happening and I'm starting to get extremely frustrated

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Belodion might be on to something, perhaps another charger. However, since you just got it, I would try waiting another day. Phones go through a lot of battery juice when initially setting up. However, they also shouldn't go through so much that the charger can't keep up.

If the suggested things don't work, I would bring it back for an exchange.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes, and I'll just add that my Lumia 930 used to show a message when plugged in, telling me to use the original charger, which in fact I was; using the same charger with a different USB lead fixed that. Similarly, my Nexus 7/2 charger never worked....using a different one fixed that. In both cases, problems out of the box on new devices. These things can happen, even with very high quality devices like those.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon