Why can't my music player pick up new MP3 files?

A

AC Question

So I am a music artist, and I like keeping my tracks for my music on a different player than Google Play. I have a Nexus 6P, and I was always able to download MP3 files or place them through my computer to my phone, and was able to listen to them properly.

However, now after downloading 5 new beats and trying to put them on my phone, it seems that my player is not reading them. Google Play isn't even reading them either. it says they are downloaded, and they are on my phone. If I go into my system files, I can even play it through there. However, it is not in the actual app itself.

How would I go about fixing this? Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Where are the music files located, and what format are they in? Use a file manager app to look in the directory where they are -- is there also a file called ".nomedia" there? If so, delete that file and check again in your music app.

SilentThief

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
It is located in the download folder it seems. The music folder has no music in it and the other songs that work are in the download folder. The only .nomedia folder was in the SD card directory. Deleted that, still doesn't seem to work.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You're talking about the Download folder on Internal Storage, correct? And there's no .nomedia file located in the topmost directory of Internal Storage, is there?

Does the music app have a Refresh option in its settings?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21