Why don't I have any storage on my phone?

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime and have had it for just over a year.
Not too many months ago I got a warning saying that my space was running out. I bought and installed an SD card, transferred all my pictures and music to it to save room.
Just recently, I cannot open my gallery, nor are any text messages coming through because I supposedly have no space. I deleted a few apps, cleared cache and I had space for a few hours.
Now I have no space again, cannot delete anymore apps, and my existing apps keep getting the message "Unfortunately [insert application name here] has stopped."

What can I do? Would a hard reset fix this? Will my contacts save if I DO hard reset?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I would suggest connecting your phone to your PC. Pull all your photos and videos off your phone and then wipe the phone of those files. See if that helps.

The phone may not have moved the images properly when you moved them to the SD card.

However, I think you don't have a large onboard storage to begin with. With the OS taking about 4 GB, you are probably reduced by half. Coupled with any large apps, that space can be reduced quickly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance