mp4 videos from Samsung S6 transferred to laptop play audio not video

A

AC Question

Hi ... I've tried copying my videos from my Samsung galaxy S6 to my laptop which is operating on Windows 7. And although I've used the original USB cable and used USB for transferring media files via MTP connection, when i play the videos using windows media player the audio works in real time but the video image appears to stall or jump. I've also tried using VLC but that was worse. Now my phone is full to the gills but these are important videos that I can't risk deleting from the phone until I know they'll play ok on my laptop. I've been months trying to figure this out so any help would be great. Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What format are the videos in? I assume they play normally on the phone?

Have you considered uploading the videos privately to your YouTube account, or backing them up to Google Photos?

TrudiLove

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site
Hi, sorry about delayed response, phone too full to register on here! They do play normally on phone. Is mp4 not the format? I don't have a you tube a/c. I was actually trying to save them onto an external hard drive.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh derp, I was looking in the body of your post for the format, and completely ignored the title!:-\ Yes, mp4 is the format.

If you have a Google account, you have a YouTube account -- it's the same thing. And you also have a Google Photos account.

If you're set on copying to the computer hard drive, then have you already tried using different USB ports on the computer? Make sure you're not using a USB hub. If you still can't get it to copy over correctly, then try a wireless solution like AirDroid or Wi-fi File Explorer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke