My phone wont read my Sd card

A

AC Question

So i have a zmax ZTE pro and inside i put a 16 gb kingston micro sd card. Now the weird thing is that when i download a picture or take a picture the default location is the phone storage and when i try to move the pictures to the SD card it moves but when i go to check if its on my gallery it does not show up at all. I have a media scanner app but it drives me crazy that i have to constantly scan my phone and wait just for the pictures that i put in the Sd card just to appear. Pretty much this happens when i try to move music, pictures to the SD card.
Any solutions on why this is happening.
Thank You

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! So the media scanner app does get the media added to the proper database when you run it? What directory on the SD card are you moving the photos or music to?

Also, open the camera app, tap Menu, and look for an option to change the default save location to the SD card.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Use your file manager app to make sure there isn't a ".nomedia" file in either of those directories. (The fact that the photos and music eventually show up makes this less likely, but check anyway.)