Google keep doesn’t sync on a new mobile device

A

AC Question

Hello all,
I’ve been using google keep for quite some time and have few hundreds of notes.
Up till today I’ve been using it in 2 ways:
1) Writing notes from the PC using Chrome Extension
2) Reading and copying notes from both the Chrome extension and the mobile application
3) Recently I’ve replaced my mobile device from LG G3 (Android 5.1) into OnePlus3T (Android 6)
4) After I’ve received OnePlus3T I’ve installed on it all my favorite applications, including google keep and some other google application (Drive, Calendar etc…)
5) All applications work perfectly both on Wi-Fi / 4g using the internet service provider connection, except Google Keep.
6) Upon start, google keep initiates it’s UI, but the main section remains empty with an active waiting circle. (See snapshot)
7) My Google Keep account seems to be fine and accessible with no particular problems from Chrome both on PC and surprisingly also on my mobile. However, the keep application stays on hold.
8) In addition, while trying to sync manually from the google account, it seems like sync last modified time is really changed, but the rounding arrows indicating the need to update, are still shown, opposed to all other google services (See snapshot)
9) I’ve tried:
a. Giving manually all permissions to the application
b. Removing the google account from the phone and adding it again
c. Manual sync of keep from the accounts menu
d. Clean saved files (See snapshot)
e. Phone restart
f. Google keep uninstall and install
g. I can write new notes on mobile, they won’t be seen on PC

Besides returning to factory settings, are there any other ideas that you think might make it work?
This application is on one of my top 5 list, and I’d really like to continue using it on my new phone.

Paulo Abraham

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
I am having exactly this problem with my new Moto G5. It used to work fine with my G2 but now it will not sync and simply spins a wait icon forever when started up. Other things, such as Chrome, appear to sync OK but Contacts, Gmail and Keep do not. They say "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be working again shortly" on the Accounts list. What is wrong? [edit Oh, the "it will be working again shortly" has appeared for the last couple of weeks].

Last edited:

Seleslav

Jan 11, 2020
Visit site
Hello I am experiencing the same problem after I got my phone back from warranty repair where they did factory reset on my phone. The google keep just wont sync. I am logged in the app, can write new notes, but they won't sync with the cloud - I dont see them in other app or browser. Same way I won't see anything I write in browser app on android app?

Did anybody found solution? I have tried literally everything besides factory reset again...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Accounts, select your Google account, and see if the Keep Notes sync toggle is on there. If it is, then do you see a Sync Error there?

Seleslav

Jan 11, 2020
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Accounts, select your Google account, and see if the Keep Notes sync toggle is on there. If it is, then do you see a Sync Error there?

Yes the sync is toggled and it shows sync error "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly."
But it is not back and hasn't been for a while :-D :-/

Last edited:

Seleslav

Jan 11, 2020
Visit site
What do you mean? Google keep is not native on my phone. So I can either uninstall it or install it - which automatically gets latest version?
Or you mean use something like apkmirror to get different version of an app?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Seleslav

Jan 11, 2020
Visit site
Try removing your Google account from your phone, then adding it back again.

I have tried that several times... Honestly it baffles me. If I haven't tried everything I googled, I wouldn't ask you guys here for help.
This was the only discussion thread I have found where someone encountered similar problem.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is there anything else that's showing a sync error? Do you have a ton of notes in Keep? If it's not too much trouble, look through your notes for anything that has an attached image -- if one of those images is corrupt, perhaps that could be causing a problem with the sync. You could try deleting the image or note and see if the sync goes through.

Seleslav

Jan 11, 2020
Visit site
Is there anything else that's showing a sync error? Do you have a ton of notes in Keep? If it's not too much trouble, look through your notes for anything that has an attached image -- if one of those images is corrupt, perhaps that could be causing a problem with the sync. You could try deleting the image or note and see if the sync goes through.
84038264_585626258834514_5768667542734241792_n.jpg84383005_217372535972960_6808164033410105344_n.jpg

The problem still stands. I have also tried to connect second google account I have, the result was the same - gmail and keep notes are not syncing. The sync menu in phone shows the same problem on both accounts. Which is weird.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad