How can I view an ios note that someone shared with me by text message?

A

AC Question

A friend sent me a text message with a shared note from his icloud account on his iphone. My Moto Z with android 7.0 won't open it and I can't find an app that will view it. I've searched and haven't found this question raised on the forums. I could ask him to send it in another format, but I'd like to know if there is a way to open the occasional ios note on an android phone?

simplemark1

May 12, 2015
Visit site
The note is from his ios Notes app on his iphone. He sent me a link from his icloud account (www.icloud.com/#notes/xxxxxxxx), but when I press the link, it opens in Chrome with a message to open it with the Notes app on an ios device. I'm wondering if there's an app that's able to read an ios "note" within the android os. The Imapnotes2 app you mention requires logging into the other parties icloud acct. It looks like it's intended to sync your own notes app between ios and android. It's not designed to simply open up a single note file. Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Right -- as I mentioned before, it may be difficult to find an Android app that can read iOS's note format, which I'm guessing is proprietary. I had suggested that other app only based on its description.

I'm not very familiar with iCloud at all, but if you can access it from the browser (kind of like Google Drive), then perhaps that note can be shared with your iCloud account (if you have one, of course), and then you can access it on the web.