Hangouts won't text

A

AC Question

I have hangouts app and can make calls but can't send msgs. It says msg blocking active . I'm on wifi and disconnected my service to use the app only .my service was the mobile ....help

stack619

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
i have this app but i think my app say unable to send text help also the support in hangouts should allow fix on upgrade it dose not have this but could and should work try this update hangouts i find this dose but my message has not now upgrade app????????????not sending text ok try your default app ??????? report bug to get this change:)

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
In the first message you say you "disconnected the service to use the app only". Are you saying you canceled your cellular service? If so - you lost your phone number, which is a primary component of sending text messages.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
hallux's question is crucial here. Are you using Hangouts to try to text someone over wi-fi only? You won't be able to. Hangouts can't send SMS over wi-fi (and if you cancelled your mobile plan, then you can't use SMS at all). You can send a Hangouts instant message over wi-fi, but the recipient also has to have Hangouts installed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad