HTC 10 Audio dropout

A

AC Question

Hi all,

I hope you can help.
I have just bought the new HTC 10, mainly for its audio capabilities, however im getting audio dropouts on higher volume settings and was wondering if im the only one??

So my setup is as follows, custom audio profile (acuracy) no dolby effects.
Poweramp playing FLACs, slight EQ to warm things up.

At upto 2/3s volume all is well, good sound very thick and punchy however if i push the volume up a little more the audio drops out, mainly in the left ear first and then both, if i go higher with volume then both channels drop out complely and dont come back untill i pause audio and play again (after volume is set lower).

At first i though this to be Power amp but it does it with Rocket Player also.

If i disable the custom audio profile this issue goes away though which leads me to believe its the phone thats the issue or some kind of clash.

The one small work around is disabling the HTC profiles and using the players EQ and Preamp entirly to get closer to the HTC profile it has worked however, increasing the Preamp in the player brings in distortion and although no audio droputs anymore i dont like the distortion so id rather not use this as a solution to something that should not be an issue in the first place. This phone is built for audio and my old HTC from 5 years ago didnt have these issues.

Any thoughts are much apreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Matt.