My Phone Move app to sd card isn't showing

A

AC Question

I'm using samsung galaxy a9 MODEL : A9000
I tried to move my apps to sd card but when i open my setting its isn't showing the move to sd card option isn't working. i have tried all the apps thats on play store. Please help me !

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Most of the time, it's up to the app developer if they choose to support moving app data to the SD card. Usually, only a small amount of data can be moved. What apps are you trying to move?

MarioNT69

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
Re: My Samsung A9 (SM-A9000) Hong Kong Model

I can't move anything from the internal memory to the SD card since it didn't even indicate the moving function.
Does it mean that I have to root the phone in order to move apps as well as data (such as musics, photos, etc...) into the sd card? Many thanks for your help.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
No, that means that, since moving apps to the SD card is such a bad idea, at least one manufacturer has removed the ability to do it. It's not a function that requires root access, so rooting the phone won't change anything. (That's assuming that you set your SD card up as portable storage or weren't given the option. If you set it up as adoptable [internal] storage, there is no logical "external" SD card, the card is logically part of internal storage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34