I have a samsung galaxy mega, and the back camera is just so grainy and awful looking, and I've tried resetting the camera to default settings but nothing happened. While I was fiddling around, I found a setting called "ISO" which was set to auto, and when I set that to 100, the camera wasn't grainy anymore, but it was EXTREMELY dark, despite my room being very well lit. It was so dark to the point that it was basically just black, but I did manage to see a piece of paper on my desk with the camera, and it was fairly clear compared to when that setting was on auto. I also forgot to mention that the camera is still somewhat dark when ISO is set to auto, but you can at least see what the camera is looking at.
    01-21-2017 02:47 PM
    Does this occur in good daylight, or only in low light, such as interiors? Could you post some sample photos so that we can try to judge whether there is a problem?

Join the Android Central Community! - #mTalk Join the Android Central Community!

Sent from mTalk
    01-21-2017 04:24 PM
    Low light photos from cameras with small sensors (like cel phones) will always be grainy (digital noise) due to needing to increase the ISO very high go get a proper exposure using a shutter speed fast enough to compensate for the user's shaky hands.

If you can link us to an unedited, not-resized example photo with all the EXIF data intact, we can give you better suggestions.
    01-21-2017 05:38 PM