I have an Android HTC Desire. Somehow Google Voice Typing took over my phone. Anything that requires a keyboard now has a microphone at the bottom and I have to speak to get anything accomplished. Not only is this a pain, such as when I want to text privately but have to speak everything, but it doesn't work for passwords so I can't sign on to anything that requires a typed password.
    I know you should be able to disable it by checking the appropriate boxes. I've done all that. If you looked at my Google settings on my phone it says everything is turned off. For whatever reason Google Voice Typing is ignoring the fact that I checked the box to turn it off and it is still opperating.
    I've even restarted my phone. I don't know what to do anymore.
    01-25-2017 08:08 AM
    Having the exact same problem. The x box to close does't work. Going to settings doesn't help. Really pissing me off. Droid phone.
    03-03-2017 01:09 PM
    Have you tried disabling the Google app? I've read that the only way to disable Google voice typing so far is to disable the Google app.

Also, is your system keyboard enabled? Go to your device's system settings, then look for the apps section. Go to "Disabled apps" and look for the system keyboard there. Tap "Enable" and it should come back in the list of keyboard options.
    03-04-2017 03:23 AM