Root problem for Samsung GALAXY S3 (I9300) via KingoRoot Android (PC Version)

A

AC Question

I precisely followed the steps for rooting and I am pretty sure I've done it right, it's simple anyway. When I get to the last step and my phone starts downloading it just freezes there, with the same message "Downloading... Do not turn off target!!". I left it like this for an hour and nothing happens.

jeffhaskins

May 2, 2016
Visit site
That is download mode. When the device is in this mode, Odin (a windows program for flashing firmware to Samsung devices) should recognize it. You will see a blue block underneath the first box at the top.

If you want to root, the best way would be to install TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) via Odin. You will have to find the right recovery for your model/carrier on the TWRP website. Load that file into the PDA slot in Odin and hit start. It should only take a few seconds to flash the recovery. Then boot to recovery by pressing and holding home, vol+, and power until the Splash screen appears, then let off of power but hold the other 2 down until TWRP boot.

Now that you are in TWRP recovery, it will ask you if you want to leave the system read only or make it writable. You want to make it writable. Then make a backup. (It is a good idea to back up everything on the stock ROM, but if storage is an issue...only back up the system partition.) After your backup is complete TWRP 3.0 or newer will say "We noticed you don't have root, would you like to root this device?" Swipe to root. Then reboot system now and click on SUInstaller in your app drawer. It will ask how you want to install it. Just click TWRP and the phone will reboot to recovery and flash the SuperSU zip file to root the phone. Then you will want to update SuperSU to the newest version. After that it will say you need to update SuperSU binary. You can select TWRP again or select normal. Either way it will update the binary and you will now have root AND a custom recovery that you can use to load custom ROMs like CM13. (Marshmallow 6.0)