Can't delete or move files to/from sd card

A

AC Question

My sdcard on my phone used to work fine up until recently I find it impossible to delete or move the contents in my sdcard. Every time I tried to do so the message "Failed to move" or "errors during deletion" would pop up.However I'm able to open all my files and images which was previously saved in the sdcard before this problem occurred.Any help or advice regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated.

CheesyPotatoes123

Feb 1, 2017
Visit site
Oh btw my phone's internal memory and the sdcard's external memory is two separate things. Yeah it's one of THOSE phones. And like I'm able to only move one file at a time for three times then it'll fail to copy file and I gotta reload my sdcard again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's possible the card is corrupt. Do you have access to a PC at your local public library, and if so, are you allowed to use the SD card reader on that PC? Then go to Settings>Storage, Unmount the card, remove it, and insert it into the computer. Can the computer read these files? Backup as much as you can right now, then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html.

Siddek

Nov 11, 2017
Visit site
Just try unmount SD card from Setting>Storage and then Mount it back in few seconds. As I just tried as I was unable to delete few files from SD card and then finally it went through without formatting and card.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463