I work with visually impaired students and need to be certain that this purchase will include free apps to assist with tracking, eye exercises etc
    anon(9983233) likes this.
    01-26-2017 12:52 PM
    I'm glad your willing to help students in this manor. My wife has 3 bothers who are legally blind, so I know what your attempting to accomplish. Often I've seen her bothers get externally close to the television or other devices which have been designed for the average person and not someone who visually impaired.

One thing that is necessary in exploring is that some of these devices use different screens which may or may not work with any particular application. Because of the screen resolution, The students may have a difficult time even seeing the images on the screen.

These small screen are very similar to that of a television monitor which project either a shadow, shaded area or pixels (dots) to create the image you and I are able to see. One would need to focus on a high def type screen.

Here's a list of the most current High Def smart phones:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compar...phone_displays

Also, focus on smart phone or tablet which have larger screens accompanied by better resolution. lastly, because you're on the fronter of something new and different there's going to be a limited app selection.

Search: "Eye Exercise App" via Google play.
    01-26-2017 01:37 PM