02-24-2017 03:24 AM
29 12
tools Reply
    I have been getting an application error "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped." on my Gionee S6 Pro. I believe the UI was amigo or something and the OS was Marshmallow.
    I just woke up to see this error, so I am not sure what caused it. I have tried wiping cache partition via recovery but the error is still there. Please help!! Thanks in advanced!
    01-26-2017 07:50 PM
    I have been getting an application error "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped." on my Gionee S6 Pro. I believe the UI was amigo or something and the OS was Marshmallow.
    I just woke up to see this error, so I am not sure what caused it. . Please help!! Thanks in advanced!
    01-26-2017 10:03 PM
    Same here. Just woke up to this. Boots into home screen, I can see the Home screen icons but can not do anything.
    01-26-2017 10:52 PM
    I have the same issue to..pls help
    01-26-2017 11:55 PM
    HI my name chirag i purchase Gionee S6 few month my hand set under warranty pls help me
    01-27-2017 12:46 AM
    You need to reset your mobile to factory mode by following the instructions given below:

[LIST=1]
    [1]Switch off your mobile

[2]Press power button and volume down button at the same time and keep pressing till a menu appears

[3]Select delete eMMC

[4]Wait till it boots up

[5]Follow the instruction that appear after a while[/LIST

NOTE: All your data will be lost.
    01-27-2017 05:18 AM
    You need to reset your mobile to factory mode by following the instructions given below:

[LIST=1]
    [1]Switch off your mobile

[2]Press power button and volume down button at the same time and keep pressing till a menu appears

[3]Select delete eMMC

[4]Wait till it boots up

[5]Follow the instruction that appear after a while[/LIST

NOTE: All your data will be lost.
    Welcome.

Are you sure that this is the only fix? A succession of posts about the same thing in such a short time suggests that it may be a bug affecting many or all users of the device, and that a less drastic fix may be forthcoming from the manufacturer in a firmware update for example, once they become aware of it. So far as you know, are they aware of it?
    01-27-2017 06:57 AM
    Has anyone tried a different launcher? That may help the UI crashes.
    belodion likes this.
    01-27-2017 09:03 AM
    Same problem for me with gionee f103
    I tried to do a factory reset with recovery but since we get internet conection the same problem come back
    belodion likes this.
    01-27-2017 09:22 AM
    Same problem for me with gionee f103
    I tried to do a factory reset with recovery but since we get internet conection the same problem come back
    Welcome and thank you for the feedback.
    Now we know that Factory Resetting is not necessarily the solution to the problem. That's a step forward.

Sent from mTalk
    01-27-2017 01:15 PM
    Okay. So I also suffered this problem on my Gionee S6s. I tried all ways to bypass it but no way. I eventually had to clear eMMC as stated above.

NOW I FOUND THE FINAL SOLUTION. AFTER CLEARING YOU HAVE TO PREVENT GIONEE FROM SENDING YOU FIRMWARE UPDATES...IT IS THIS FIRMWARE UPDATES THAT CRASHES YOUR SYSTEM UI..

STEPS

1. After factory reset, open settings

2. Click on about phone.

3. Click on system updates

4. You will see three dots at the top right...Click on it.

5. Once you click, a popup comes up, click on settings (as shown in the popup)

6. By default, Upgrade by WLAN will be on..Turn it off.

7. Auto check for updates will be ON too. Switch it off. Restart your device and viola!

You're free from system UI crashes for lifetime!

Much love <3
    01-27-2017 01:44 PM
    It's not a launcher problem.
    01-27-2017 01:45 PM
    ^ Welcome and thank you for your feedback.

That gives us another possible solution and is another step forward.
    01-27-2017 02:54 PM
    My Gionee f130 ruining my life at the moment... the system UI stopped working and I have my bitcoin wallet on it with all my company fund... I have few days to transfer the fund to our partners. I am desperate. I can't lose my mobile wallet on it. I need help or I could lose my job and may end up in prison. Some please help.
    01-28-2017 02:00 AM
    This sounds very similar to a widespread issue on Samsung phones related to the latest Google app update. Try going to Settings>Apps, select the Google app, and Uninstall. This will only uninstall updates, and revert the app to the factory version.
    belodion likes this.
    01-28-2017 02:20 AM
    Problem fixed last night I flashed again my f103 using flashtools and it's running normaly without any bug even with the last update
    belodion likes this.
    01-28-2017 05:34 AM
    I just reset a GIONEE M6 with the same problem.
    Unfortunately you'd loose all your information without an option.
    -Press volume up + power button + home button at once
    -Release when the Gionee logo comes up
    -Use only up button to navigate and down button to select
    -Select recovery mode
    On the no command screen, press volume up + volume down + power at once and the recovery menu comes up wipe cache and restore factory data.

Advice... as to paying premium on devices, pay on the brands that are tested and trusted and have larger support so you can solve your problems easy, and using devices for critical information always remember to backup there's never a better option.
    01-28-2017 03:07 PM
    I just reset a GIONEE M6 with the same problem.
    Unfortunately you'd loose all your information without an option.
    -Press volume up + power button + home button at once
    -Release when the Gionee logo comes up
    -Use only up button to navigate and down button to select
    -Select recovery mode
    On the no command screen, press volume up + volume down + power at once and the recovery menu comes up wipe cache and restore factory data.

Advice... as to paying premium on devices, pay on the brands that are tested and trusted and have larger support so you can solve your problems easy, and using devices for critical information always remember to backup there's never a better option.
    Welcome.

Have you also turned off auto-updates, to try to prevent any possible recurrence of the problem?
    01-28-2017 03:48 PM
    Hello all,

I badly want some of my critical data in gionee s6s . Is there any option to have my data? or is it better to wait , so that gionee would send firmware update by fixing this bug? have anyone tried contacting gionee customer care?
    01-29-2017 05:41 AM
    Hello all,

I badly want some of my critical data in gionee s6s . Is there any option to have my data? or is it better to wait , so that gionee would send firmware update by fixing this bug? have anyone tried contacting gionee customer care?
    Welcome.

It would be a good idea if all users of affected devices were to send feedback to Gionee so that they become aware of any firmware problem as soon as possible, and can prepare a fix.
    01-29-2017 05:49 AM
    Were you able to restore the data in the phone memory by this way? if so what is flashing tool? Please help me..
    01-29-2017 05:51 AM
    Thanks for your reply..!!

I wrote mail to "gcare@gionee.co.in" and they rise a ticket. but I am not getting any proper reply from them. Also, their customer care number - 1800-208-1166 is rejecting calls.
    belodion likes this.
    01-29-2017 05:55 AM
    Since no one responded to my previous post, I'm assuming that this isn't related to the issue with the latest Google app update, like with Samsung phones. But can someone in this thread confirm that? In other words, uninstall the updates to the Google app (thus reverting it to the factory-installed version), and see if the problem goes away.
    01-29-2017 06:48 PM
    This error disables your touchpad. You cannot do anything with the phone, Screen goes black and touch freezes. I have already posted the solution above.

This sounds very similar to a widespread issue on Samsung phones related to the latest Google app update. Try going to Settings>Apps, select the Google app, and Uninstall. This will only uninstall updates, and revert the app to the factory version.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-30-2017 09:52 AM
    Ah ok, thanks!
    01-30-2017 10:03 AM
29 12