Deciding between iphone 5s and Huawei P9 lite

A

AC Question

I'm on the verge of purchasing a new phone and I have limited my selection on two phones mentioned on the title. Now before you suggest Oneplus, Honor Xiaomi etc phones, I am restricted to one provider because I get a business discount there and they do not sell those phones. I cannot buy Iphone 6s and Iphone 5C or android equivalents because they are too expensive for me.

First, the Huawei. I have read and watched most reviews I could find on the model and people generally seem very positive about the performance( I am aware of the spec stuff). Furthermore it has two sim slots which is great because at the moment I have two phones, personal and business burner(although I might give up one of my numbers in the future), so P9 lite could eliminate my necessity for two phones. The model I could get is 2gb, not 3, which makes me a bit sceptic about the future, because androids are known for getting laggy over time. For instance I have a Moto G3 right now, which was praised heavily for its performance to price ratio, but it is actually laggy as hell and it stutters at random moments. The model is 1gb and maybe most reviews tested the 2gb model. Anyways, there is that.

As for the iPhone, I have never owned one, but I do like them because they have simplistic OS(I never cared about customizing my phone too much) and the hardware does not age like android based phones. However the 6s is expensive as hell and i could only go for 5s, which is close to four years old. It does have a great screen size for one handed use. Huawei on the other hand is better to look at but not so ergonomic for one handed use. Iphone also suffers the tragedy of dying in the cold weather which is weird. I do have crisp winters.

I guess thats enough rambling from me, I'd like to know your opinions on the matter. In the end it comes down to performance. I'm not a heavy multitasker nor do I game with my phone, but it is extremely irritating if the device doesnt run smoothly. I have briefly fiddled with both phones and I actually like both of them. They both look and feel great. Huawei is also 100 euros/bucks cheaper.

I realise this is android forum and people are probably leaning towards Huawei, but I welcome all opinions on the matter.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
It comes down to personal preference. Go to a phone shop, pick up the devices and see which one feels good for you... They are both great, so you can't lose either way. The slight drawback with the iPhone is that you have to learn the OS... It's not that bad...

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi! Hmm, it sounds like both phones could easily suit your needs. However, the iPhone you're looking at is, as you've said, quite a bit on the older side. I'm not sure how Apple handles support for their older devices and repairs, etc, but that is something you will need to consider or research. I've heard a lot of good things about the P9 Lite - and was even considering it a while back - so based on those things and its newer state, I would recommend that over the iPhone 5S.

I'd also suggest watching unboxing and review videos on YouTube, to see if you find out anything about the phones that you really like/is a dealbreaker. Going to the store and seeing how they feel in the hand is a good way to go, too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance