Phone Storage showing 0 bytes

A

AC Question

Hi guys. I have a problem here. I 'm Leagoo Z5 LTE user with Android 5.1. After I upgrade the firmware, my internal storage turned to 0 byte and my phone no longer detected SD card. When I check for storage, it showed my internal storage 8GB is full but when i checked the partition, it only showed system space which is 2GB. I dont know where other 6gb gone. Really need some help here/.

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Upon occasion it would be advised to delete what can be deleted from the storage area within your device. Typically and depending on the amount of data you're saving on your device will undoubtedly end up within the "miscellaneous" location of the device's internal storage.

Even if your device has been listed as a max of 8GB of storage, the system's data may use up at least 1/3 - 1/2 of the free space. Try limiting what apps you use and routinely rotate data and images to off device storage options.

There is a slight change the smart phone has become outdated thus storage has been used up by the devices system updates. A routine scan of your system can help curb any unwanted data etc from being lost or loading more than once.

Get in a habit of removing apps or limiting apps from auto storing their data to your device. Call me a minimalist, but I've limited my apps to just a few and have actually turned off/blocked other apps like Google Play which tend to run the battery down as well as use data & storage.

Abe_Hair

Jan 28, 2017
Visit site
But when i go to file manager. There is no sd card folder, phone storage folder showing 0 b. When i tapped on it, it said that file format not supported. I already hard reset but it still show the same thing. Snapshot_20170128.JPG

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How did you update the system? Was it an official over-the-air system update pushed by Leagoo, or did you download it manually from a website and install it yourself? The behavior you're describing sounds like it could be due to installing the wrong or corrupt firmware, or it could also be hardware glitch.

Sumitabh Sengupta

Feb 18, 2018
Visit site
Hi Abe_Hair,

Same issue been faced by me. Could u please let me know that r u still facing the issue or u rectified it? What happened to ur data?

But when i go to file manager. There is no sd card folder, phone storage folder showing 0 b. When i tapped on it, it said that file format not supported. I already hard reset but it still show the same thing. View attachment 251080

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I think that the last update to that device was Marshmallow (it could have been Lollipop), so any recent update wasn't official. If the update was to a version of Android that uses 8GB just for itself, and the phone only has 8GB of storage, it would stop working once it got the update. (Android needs at least a few hundred MB free just to run.)

It's probably showing 0 free because there is 0 free, it's that simple. Have it reflashed to the original version of Android and it should work again.