can you safeley charge a galaxy s7 witha s3 charger

Mycrossover

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
The newer phones have a provision for fast charging that the older phones, at least up to my S5 do not have. Other than a slower charge rate there is no problem. That phone has to be able safely plug into generic car and home chargers and usb ports without harm. The S3 charger should be fine.

Mycrossover

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
Typically the UBS power cords are identical externally, but the charging base could be different
I am not sure what you are saying. The typical Android cord has a usb plug on one end and a micro usb on the other there are plus and minus power lines for 5 volts and plus and minus data lines. It is used for charging or data transfer. The data lines are actually used to tell the phone if it is hooked to a 500 ma, current limited, usb port or a higher capacity charger. Without getting too technical those "charge only" two wire cables can do damage if plugged into a usb port and will charge no faster than a quality regular usb cable with sufficiently heavy power wires.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I am not sure what you are saying. The typical Android cord has a usb plug on one end and a micro usb on the other there are plus and minus power lines for 5 volts and plus and minus data lines. It is used for charging or data transfer. The data lines are actually used to tell the phone if it is hooked to a 500 ma, current limited, usb port or a higher capacity charger. Without getting too technical those "charge only" two wire cables can do damage if plugged into a usb port and will charge no faster than a quality regular usb cable with sufficiently heavy power wires.
He meant the charging brick. The charger for older devices ran 1A output. The newer ones run with 2.1A output.

I have one at home for my Tab 4 that has a 1Amp output, and my S7E charger has a 2.1Amp output.

Mycrossover

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
He meant the charging brick. The charger for older devices ran 1A output. The newer ones run with 2.1A output.

I have one at home for my Tab 4 that has a 1Amp output, and my S7E charger has a 2.1Amp output.
OK. I bought one of those in line volt and ammeters on fleabay for three bucks. My S5 does about 1.8 amps on the 2.1 amp charger. My wife's S4 or tab will not go over an amp on the same setup. I ran across plenty of cables that reduced charge on my S5. It is a lot easier to see what is happening than having to time it ir use a software program. I was under the impression that rhe newer phones went beyond 2.1 amps and were multi mode, starting at a higher higher chatge rate. The ads for them say they are backeardly compatible.