My phone's battery drained itself overnight, battery life expectancy dropped drastically

A

AC Question

So the other day I was with my Motorola G4, at about 70% battery remaining. Went to sleep and found that it had no battery remaining, had to plug it in so it would turn on. I thought hey no big deal, sometimes I fall asleep with the Wireless Hotspot turned on and I know it can drain the battery.

So I'm charging the phone and about an hour or two pass and the phone BARELY even charged. It was sitting at about 15%, would take a long time just to get to 20%. So I turn the phone off and charge it that way... apparently it helped because it was charging at about 20% an hour. Now my girlfriend has the same exact phone I have, so I have something to compare with as well in case something like this happens. Her phone is at 70% and it says the battery will last about 1 day and a bit more. My phone is at 70% and it says it will last 6 HOURS.

Needless to say, I left it idle while sleeping and the phone dropped back down to 0% again, so it wasn't just a one time thing. The phone is warm to the touch even if I'm not using it at all. I'm very frustrated, this problem pretty much appeared overnight. Gone form a perfect cellphone to, well, this heck of a problem.

Any help will be appreciated. Please note that this phone does not have a removable battery (it's not bumpy anyways). If you need any other details just ask. I'm open to any suggestions and I thank everyone for their time.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Sounds like your battery has expired. New battery would help. Take it to a phone shop, they have the tools to replace it.
The battery app itself should tell you what's using the power...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney