I am brand new to Android, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to change my default navigation app from Google maps to something else (such as Here, Waze, etc).

I go into settings, into apps, scroll down to Maps, clear defaults, then go to my new navigation app, into "open by default", and select "open in this app". But still, every link and location opens in Google maps. I have even tried disabling Google maps, but then every time I search for a location, I get a message saying I have no apps to open the link.

Does anyone have any tips? I am on a OnePlus 3 running Nougat.
    01-29-2017 09:58 PM
    I am brand new to Android, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to change my default navigation app from Google maps to something else (such as Here, Waze, etc).

I go into settings, into apps, scroll down to Maps, clear defaults, then go to my new navigation app, into "open by default", and select "open in this app". But still, every link and location opens in Google maps. I have even tried disabling Google maps, but then every time I search for a location, I get a message saying I have no apps to open the link.

Does anyone have any tips? I am on a OnePlus 3 running Nougat.
    I might be wrong about this, but I believe that on a stock Android phone with Google Play Services enabled, that like it or not, Google Maps is the default Navigation App.

My guess is that that only way to completely disable Google Maps is to Root your device.
    01-29-2017 10:08 PM