I have had my Galaxy S6 for a month now. It's always been inside of an otterbox, NEVER has came out. Never been dropped, wet, ect. But MULTIPLE times a day my phone won't allow me to use my screen. For example, when i try to draw my password pattern on my phone.. i can't do so because my screen is unresponsive. If I am recieving a phone call, I cant swipe to answer nor decline. all my buttons work, my home, lock and volume buttons. I can even get into my phone with my thumb print. But when it comes to physically being able to use my phone, i just CANT. My screen hasn't worked for 24+ hours. Ive let the battery drain.. I've even held my down volume+ home + lock button to reset my phone and STILL nothing. This is a bit ridiculous considering i bought this phone BRAND new and have only had it for ONE month.. please, ANYONE help me.. i'm open to any/ everything.
    01-30-2017 04:42 PM
    Welcome to Android Central.
    Sorry to hear about that. It's been known for digitizers to fail of course.

When you tries to enter Recovery Mode are you sure the device was off? That would be a different issue afaik, though obviously related.

If you know it's on, have you tried holding in the Power button for 20 - 30 seconds? Any vibration then?

It's weird you cannot get into Recovery Mode if it's off . Where did you buy it? Carrier, store, online, eBay/other?

If it's a non carrier unlocked version, and you can get it on once more, dial *#0*# and send and try a few screen tests.

Are you sure it's genuine, you probably are by now.
    01-30-2017 06:40 PM