My fast charge stopped working on my Samsung Galaxy S6 edge

A

AC Question

It's definitely the phone & not the charger or the cord– I checked everything. This happened right around the time I recall having an update installed...I'm not sure, but I think it was because of the update. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how do I fix it? It's taking like 5x as long to charge my phone now. Thanks!

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
The phone taking 5x as long to charge isn't a fast charge issue, that's a hardware problem most likely. Fast charging only reduces time from 0-60% to 30min. But normal charging shouldn't be 5x slower. For example, fast charge on my S7E is 1hr 20min from 0-100, but 2hrs when fast charge is switched off. The phone taking 5x as long means there's an impediment to inflow of current.

When you say you've tried everything, do you mean you've tried another charger or used the charger on another S6?

Carol N

Feb 1, 2017
Visit site
Yes- I went to the TMobile store and used their fast charger and cord, and it still didn't work. Next, I called tech support– they suggested I clear the cache (didn't work) turn on fast charge in settings (was already on) and finally, do a factory reset, which also didn't work. My phone is relatively new and still under warranty, however, I dropped it a few months back and cracked the screen. It's not noticeable unless you have it in the sun, so I never bothered to fix it. I was told that my warranty is void because of the cracked screen. I can get a new screen via an authorized Samsung dealer and the warranty will be re-instated, but they don't have any local, so it will have to be sent out. I cannot be without my phone for the length of time it would take to fix it. If the screen wasn't cracked, I could replace it at the T Mobile store, but since it's cracked, I can't.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy