What is the notification icon that looks like a circle with two horizontal dashes inside the circle?

A

AC Question

Today for about an hour I had an icon in my notification bar which looked like a circle with a horizontal dashed line inside the circle (ie, just two horizontal dashes inside the circle).

Pulling down the notification bar revealed no detail associated with the icon.

It was definitely not the "do not disturb" icon nor the "data saver" icon; I know what those are already.

The forum will now allow me to post a link to a screen shot of the icon.

Killing all running apps failed to get rid of the icon, and it went away on its own after about an hour.

spatula75

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
The earlier discussion does not apply in this case. It is NOT the do-not-disturb icon. I assure you, I do know what the do-not-disturb icon looks like, and this is not it. I did spend a good bit of time trying to search for a good answer, and I never found one (though I did find a lot of people asking the same question). Nothing appears with this icon in the notification log, but it could have been pushed out by other notifications arriving after the fact.

Here's the icon in question:

MysteryIcon.png

spatula75

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
Oh, that's very helpful actually, because I do have the Weather Underground app. It had not asked me to rate it, but it's plausible that it uses the same icon in multiple situations. I suppose one could open up their APK and see if it has a resource that matches the icon, too.

At least if it happens again, I know now to check the notification log immediately before a bunch of email notifications roll it off the bottom of the log.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Following some of the threads linked by Belodion's link, the icon might belong to "Tray Volume Lite".

I have never seen any Weather Underground icons in the notification bar.

spatula75

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
It's definitely the Weather Underground app. I got the mystery icon again, and immediately checked the Notification Log. Still no idea what the icon *means* to Weather Underground, but as it shows up in place of the tiny forecast icon, I assume it means it's either currently trying to fetch the forecast, or it failed to fetch the forecast.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21