hi

my s6 keeps turning on by itself and wont remain locked. iv even tried a factory reset but still not staying off. im worried it will damage my display if it carrys on switching on and off. any idea what is causing it or how i can fix it.
    01-31-2017 02:44 PM
    A faulty Power button, perhaps?
    Also, if you're saying that the lock screen doesn't work, does that trouble persist in Safe Mode?
    01-31-2017 02:52 PM
    hi

yes its same in safe mode. i think its more likely to be the home botton rather than the power one but cant say for sure
    belodion likes this.
    01-31-2017 03:36 PM
    now my phone is not even turning on or charging. samsung have asid to bring it to one of their stores. lets see what happens
    02-01-2017 03:54 PM
    now my phone is not even turning on or charging. samsung have asid to bring it to one of their stores. lets see what happens
    Good luck and let us know what happens.
    02-01-2017 03:58 PM
    got an update for you and i must say i am very pee'ed off with samsung. they said im still under warrantY and all repairs are free unless the phones been stolen, rooted or suffered water damaged in which case not only would they not fix it but charge me for inspecting too. i was convinced none of the 3 applied so i agreed.

the next day they rang to say phone is ready to collect and when i went to pick it up they said its got water damage on motherboard and charging port so they didnt fix it and charged me 20£.

is it worth getting it fixed or shall i get a new one? the phones never fallen in water or anything so the only water damage it can hav is from wet pockets or being used outdoors in the rain. im tempted to just report it damaged under my house inusurnace policy or will that have same problem
    02-05-2017 01:25 PM