How do I get web link onto another screen

A

AC Question

If I get a web link it puts it on home screen pressing and holding it I can drag it but not off home screen to put on other apps screen

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Your attempt was correct in how to manipulate the app from one screen to another. But keep in mind how you swipe from one screen to another. For instance, my android swipes from left to right. Left being the home screen and right being the secondary screen. Once you've learn where the secondary screen is located, tap/hold the app and drag in the direction of the secondary screen. You may need to hold the app near the edge of the device for an extended length of time till the device realized your movement to open or reveal the secondary screen. This all assuming your device actually has the option to have the secondary screen viewable in this manor.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I have to press the round icon with six dots on to access other screens
Thanks for registering and welcome to the forums! I'm not sure if I completely understand what you mean. You mean that you added a shortcut for a web link from your browser, right? And you are trying to move it to the app drawer.

If this is what you mean it can't be done, sorry. That web link shortcut can be placed on any of your home screens, but not in the app drawer.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone do you have?

When you're on the homescreen, long-press the shortcut icon and drag it to the very edge of the screen, and wait for a second or so -- on most phones, this will create a new homescreen for you to place icons. But on other phones, you may need to add a new homescreen first -- this is often achieved by pinching your fingers on the screen so that you see all existing homescreens in a miniature format. Tap the blank homescreen with a "+" in it, which will add a new homescreen. Now try dragging that shortcut to the new homescreen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969