I want to record my voice for notifications such as my son is texting and then my son is emailing me

A

AC Question

I would like to record my own notifications for my family. Such as for email: my son is emailing. For texting: My son is texting me. I have recorded them in the samsung recording app but I do not know how to get them into notifications. Thanks

jeffhaskins

May 2, 2016
Visit site
I would like to record my own notifications for my family. Such as for email: my son is emailing. For texting: My son is texting me. I have recorded them in the samsung recording app but I do not know how to get them into notifications. Thanks
It depends on the device, but I believe you have to do it in the individual apps. Meaning somewhere in the email app settings and in the messaging app settings. You may have to long-press on his messaging/email thread to get the options.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Jeff has you pointed in the right direction.

Note: This level of customization is dependent on the apps you are using for email and SMS texts. Not all apps let you set individual notification sounds for individual senders.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you locate the voice recording files? If so, are they mp3, wav, or ogg files? Those are the kinds of files that can be used as notification tones. If you can locate the files and they are in one of those formats, then move or copy them (using your file manager) to the Notifications directory on Internal Storage.

As ManiacJoe mentioned, though, apps don't always let you customize notifications for individual contacts. It's possible for incoming calls, but not always for text messages (and I don't think it's possible for emails).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2