I'm setting up "email" on my Galaxy S4 to sync with my website email address. I read that the "period to sync email" means how long my S4 will keep in sync with my mail server. After that period, older emails will no longer appear on my phone. They aren't deleted, i.e. from the phone and the mail server, right? They simply don't appear on the phone any longer. I don't want to inadvertently delete the old emails on my server.
    02-02-2017 11:01 AM
    I'm setting up "email" on my Galaxy S4 to sync with my website email address. I read that the "period to sync email" means how long my S4 will keep in sync with my mail server. After that period, older emails will no longer appear on my phone. They aren't deleted, i.e. from the phone and the mail server, right? They simply don't appear on the phone any longer. I don't want to inadvertently delete the old emails on my server.
    Welcome to Android Central. On my device, I have selected "All" as the period to sync my emails. This means that it will sync all the emails currently stored on your server.

I have some emails that I have kept, but are not in a particular folder, that are several years old. Whenever I get a new phone, I set the sync up the same way, and the emails are always there. I don't want any of my "good" (not spam, lol) emails deleted unless I delete them myself.
    02-02-2017 02:57 PM