Here the deal there are to many apps that start by thenselves.. Like Utube and Googler Play to name a few.. If I reboot my device when it FINALLY settels down I have like 13 apps running Some are fine like the launch pad.. but I do NOT want google play to start I do not want Utube to start I don't want my email to start.. but there they are. I have to boost my device at that point.. and then I can go about business.. Then when I am done using anApp I want to EXIT it.. Ha no close button or exit.. it just goes into the cyber zone and sucks memory..
    I did some research and BOY were ther weak reasons.. One said cuz the Exit button would be to small.. Lame .. Both KODI and Puffin browser have EXITs.. and they leave memory.. THe other one I found said.. cuz this android system can manage the meory.. Really!! then why can I tell after I ave used a few apps I need to boost system and get ride of them..
    If I put the device in sleep mode the next day ..there is Utube and google play running..
    SO since I am smartere than this device WHY can't I exit a app and it closes and leaves memory..and how do I stop these things from starting??
    Thanks
    02-04-2017 01:48 PM
    Android prefers RAM to be mostly full (unlike Windows, for example), and therefore the system manages apps automatically. It will open apps on its own, depending on usage patterns and the individual apps' code. Having apps open in RAM makes switching between apps quicker and more efficient. When the system needs more RAM to open another app, it will decide which app to close, to make room for the new app.

The problem with "RAM manager" or "task killer" apps is that they run counter to how Android is designed. If a task killer app is constantly killing apps, the system will want to reopen them. This sets up a close-open-close-open cycle that bogs the phone down and uses battery.

If there are apps you never use, then uninstall them (if they're not preinstalled) or go to the Settings>Apps menu to Disable the app. Disabling reverts the app to the factory version, then prevents it from being opened by the system. There's also a 3rd party app called Greenify that allows you to "hibernate" an app (which is different from a task killer).
    Android prefers RAM to be mostly full (unlike Windows, for example), and therefore the system manages apps automatically. It will open apps on its own, depending on usage patterns and the individual apps' code. Having apps open in RAM makes switching between apps quicker and more efficient. When the system needs more RAM to open another app, it will decide which app to close, to make room for the new app.

The problem with "RAM manager" or "task killer" apps is that they run counter to how Android is designed. If a task killer app is constantly killing apps, the system will want to reopen them. This sets up a close-open-close-open cycle that bogs the phone down and uses battery.

If there are apps you never use, then uninstall them (if they're not preinstalled) or go to the Settings>Apps menu to Disable the app. Disabling reverts the app to the factory version, then prevents it from being opened by the system. There's also a 3rd party app called Greenify that allows you to "hibernate" an app (which is different from a task killer).
    02-04-2017 10:03 PM
    I guess in their world that is what happens.. but in my world if as you say I leave things to do as the OS thinks is best the sytem bogs down and turns so sliggish that I have to kill apps so the device works smoothly..I honestly can not believe that it knows beeter than me when my device is needs more memory..
    This morning there were things like google transport, google apps, google backup,email, and a couple of others. If I just left them there like you say then the device is so slow it a nightmare to use.
    Disable said apps.. I have no idea what google transport is or does.. as for back up.. The only sure way to back up anything in this digital era is the good ol pencile and paper I tried once to disable google play . but then other Apps like Skype eplied it needs google play to run. so I had to restart it.. and then ecause as you say it revets to the default instalation.. Skype then said It must be updated..to run.
    If you know KODI then you would understand that it needs a spefic amout of memory to run poperly and if it does not have that amout it then has problems with buffering and locking up.
    Leaving control to an inanimate object is the reason people get into bad situations with GPS car divers and get stuck in the middle of nowhere because they believed it knew better, where looking out the window and .. thinking.. HEY this is not really the best way to go.. maybe I should turn around and not get stuck..
    Oh well thanks for the explination
    02-05-2017 06:28 AM
    Greenify like said above & if you enable dev options you should get an option to end all tasks when u exit them. it will say "don't keep activities" i think
    02-05-2017 11:52 AM
    Airwreck, remind us -- which device are you using? If it's a decent device that's at least considered midrange, with a good amount of RAM (ideally 2 GB or more), the degree of performance slowdown should be minimal. Of course, the better the processor and the more RAM you have, the smoother things will run. If you try to run modern apps on a device from a few years ago (or a current budget phone), sluggishness would be expected, just like with any other platform.

But sometimes, even on a device with halfway decent specs, you can get poor performance, which means it could also be related to the firmware and how optimized (or non-optimized) it is for the hardware. For example, I have an Honor 5X, which has a Snapdragon 616 and 2 GB of RAM, and its performance is pitiful, with basic apps (like Google Play Store) taking upwards of 5 seconds to even open.
    02-05-2017 09:11 PM