Android earphones microphone suddenly not being recognized

A

AC Question

I've tried 2 different pairs of the same earphones and the mic wont pick up so I know it's not the individual pair of earphones. Typically when I plugged them in the mic would automatically got he the earphones, I had it set to "headset" in the HD Audio Manager on my laptop. One morning I plugged them in and it would no longer pick it up although I had not changed any settings. Again, I've tried with two different pairs of earphones. No other settings in the HD Audiio Manager menu pick up the earphones and now when I call my girlfriend on skype I have to lay my head in front of my laptop so my laptops in built microphone picks up my voice.

So in basic format, I plugged in my earphones one morning and the microphone is no longer picked up despite not changing settings (Microphone works when plugged into my phone)

Any help is appreciated as this issue has been really inconvenient for the past month

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which device are you using? Make sure there isn't any debris in the headphone jack -- use a can of compressed air to blow it out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08