How to I fix my sdcard problem?

SkrubLord

Feb 5, 2017
Visit site
I opened my phone and found this notification "Damaged SD card" so I plugged my SD card into a reader and opened the computer and the card was fine I am not sure what caused this and I'm sorry if there is an answered thread already.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I opened my phone and found this notification "Damaged SD card" so I plugged my SD card into a reader and opened the computer and the card was fine I am not sure what caused this and I'm sorry if there is an answered thread already.

Welcome. :)

I'm sure that the question has been asked before but I don't know that we have an ongoing thread about it, so don't worry. Can you try another SD card in the phone, to make sure it's not a phone problem rather than a card one?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The SD card could be corrupt, defective, or counterfeit. Install SD Insight to see if the card is genuine or counterfeit. Counterfeit cards are programmed to report more storage than they actually have, and if you try saving more than the card can actually hold, then files can start getting corrupt.

If it's a valid card, then go to Settings>Storage, Unmount the card, remove it, and insert it into your computer. Can the computer read these files? Backup as much as you can right now, then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html.

When you have a chance, head over to the Intros forum and tell us something about yourself! Introductions - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63