my phone was in my pocket at work, i felt it vibrate and heard the keypad make noise like i was pocket dialing someone(strange?seems ) , so i look, and it seems fine, go back to work, by the time i get off, my battery was dead,(normal). it was a long day and my phone was only at 40% when i started. SO, I get home charge it and it goes through this initialization process. and ends up at the set up wizard screen. it requires the google account log in from when i first set set up my phone? i finally remember the log in info, i enter the info, it doesn't give me an invalid password or anything, it just goes right back to the same set up wizard log in, and says this device has been reset. pls use a google account that was synced to this device before. does lg force software updates? i have researched, and tried for hours now. done a hard reset already,nothing
    02-06-2017 12:25 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! It took you a while to remember the Google account that you associated with the phone? It should be the Google account that has your primary Gmail, Calendar, and other Google services.

This is Google's Factory Reset Protection, which is there to discourage thieves from stealing a phone and making it their own by a simple reset. You have to remember the Google account you associated with the phone before the reset. Or did you get the phone used from someone?
    02-06-2017 02:39 PM