Is it normal that my LG G4 battery only lasts about 3-4 hours when fully charged?

A

AC Question

I got the phone 3 days ago, I have never had a smart phone before. At full charge it lasts about 3-4 hours if I am using it (Just for messaging) and when I don't use it, it lasts maybe 5 hours. I always close all applications, location & bluetooth are off and the screen brightness is always at 0% (I prefer it like that). Is something wrong with the phone? My friend said her LG G3 lasted at least 1 day when it was fully charged. I don't do anything on it except text messaging and Snapchat, sometimes Instagram or Facebook but not that much. It still drains when I don't touch it for hours.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Let the phone get down to about 30%, then check the battery statistics to see what apps are using the most power.
/ settings / general / battery / battery usage /

That big beautiful screen is going to suck up lots of power, especially for games and videos.

cocoleia

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Let the phone get down to about 30%, then check the battery statistics to see what apps are using the most power.
/ settings / general / battery / battery usage /

That big beautiful screen is going to suck up lots of power, especially for games and videos.
Hello, it is the original poster.
It says that screen uses 29%, snapchat uses 23% and the rest are:
mm-qcamera-daemon (I assume that is the camera??) - 12%
Android OS - 8%
Phone Idle - 7%
Android system - 4%
Mediaserver - 4%
LG Keyboard - 3%
Cell standby - 2%
Instagram - 1%

For example, I took 5 pictures earlier, so why would 5 pictures drain 12% of my battery?
Is it normal that the battery will drain so fast based on these statistics?

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
The screen at 29% seems normal.

Hard to say if the snapchat at 23% is normal or not.
Are you using mostly wifi or mobile data? If mobile data, how good is your cellular signal strength?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678