Ultimate Drive Increaser fake or real?

A

AC Question

After I used that ultimate drive increaser I saw on youtube on my android phone, my sd card was expanded into 32 GB from 4 GB but when i put a Large file and reach beyond the original capacity of the sd card the file cannot be opened afterwards my phone starts making weird things, i cannot open my gallery, my music player is not responding and the file manager keeps on closing whenever I open it, I'm doubting why this happens when those apps are built in or Internal apps and they are not installed on my SD/Memory card but then they are getting crazy..

What will I do to make my phone work properly again?, do I have to take the SD back to its original capacity?( I'm afraid it will damage further the phone) or format my phone ( I think its not a nice option).. Any help please how to resolve this prob?

Working on My Phone Rio Junior TV, running on Android Kitkat 4.4.2

Your reply will be greatly appreciated

sarahgad

Jan 20, 2017
Visit site
hey, i would suggest you get your memory card formatted rather than formatting your device. This should be enough for you phone to behave normal. If in case not you will sadly have to format your device as well.
One question: Have you tried using another SD card on your device where the capacity is not enhanced? If it works then just get your SD card formatted.

android beginner

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply :)

i tried to format my sd card and yes it came back to normal i can put my files back the problem is that if the files inside the sd reach beyond the limit of the memory's original capacity there is an error regarding with the transfer like "error 0x800700235"(on PC) something like that and when i copy and paste a file on my android's file manager it says "sorry operation failed"(on Android)

the capacity is still on 32 GB, I didn't try using another SD card though.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! There is nothing that can expand the capacity of an SD card -- the card can hold however much it was designed to hold. The app you were using is complete garbage, and I would be concerned that it may have installed some kind of adware or malware, since this is a common strategy for that kind of thing. Uninstall the app immediately, and run a malware scan using a respectable app like Malwarebytes.

This is how SD card counterfeiters work -- they reprogram a low-capacity SD card to think it's a high capacity card, change the label on the card, then sell it online for way more than they're worth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy