I know the question is vague, but please bear with me. This all started a couple months ago and I have done everything under the sun to figure this out.

The issue started an an iPhone and its associated iPad. My wife got so annoyed that we traded the iPhone in and got her a new galaxy s7 edge, the same as myself. We have changed her number 3 times now, created completely new accounts each time, used google 2 step verification and authenticator. We were about ready to just toss the phone but gave it one more try today by doing a factory reset, new account, uninstalling Samsung account and the find my phone crap, installed avast security and mobile and extreme call blocker (another problem that I have been dealing with for months myself). This all has come to a turning point because my wife recieved a message from someone who got a screenshot of a private conversation between the two of us. Someone has been able to access her messages and pictures for months now and short of throwing the phone out and going to a land line again, I have no idea what to do. Has ANYONE gone through this or know what else I could look into as a cause? Running 6.0.1, November security update. Was chasing a notification that said "Device Found via Find My Mobile" so I'm guessing someone is still trying to get in the device, and that was when I removed Samsung Account and Find My Mobile app.

Help! Please!
    02-07-2017 09:20 PM
    Welcome to Android Central.

You don't say what your initial issues and concerns were for you to change from IOS and early in the life of the S7's.

Someone sent you a screenshot of a text conversation. Could you have taken the screenshot beforehand or not. Could it have been taken from your Google Photos account.
    Do you back up SMS.
    Did you have work or home computers logged in to your Google and Apple accounts.
    You say you changed accounts several times. Was it just the passwords.

You may ultimately be the victim of an astute hacker on two platforms and several accounts.

The safest way to clean an Android device would be to re-flash (install) the appropriate rom for your carrier or unlocked device, rather than doing a basic factory reset.
    Ultimately I don't know what else to tell you. If you have more information please register to continue.
    02-07-2017 09:43 PM
    We don't screenshot our conversations. We don't backup anything on our phones or devices, so when things go south, it's a restart from scratch. When I say changed accounts, I mean completely new email and different passwords. The photos are saved to the device and are not stored anywhere else except on the SD card or within the message itself (wherever that hangs in limbo until it us saved to the device). We don't access our accounts on computers usually, but when we do, we log out when we are done.
    sfoLAX likes this.
    02-07-2017 09:54 PM
    We don't screenshot our conversations. We don't backup anything on our phones or devices, so when things go south, it's a restart from scratch. When I say changed accounts, I mean completely new email and different passwords. The photos are saved to the device and are not stored anywhere else except on the SD card or within the message itself (wherever that hangs in limbo until it us saved to the device). We don't access our accounts on computers usually, but when we do, we log out when we are done.
    Thanks for registering.

If you receive no more input here I will ask one or two more experienced people tomorrow (it's 4 am here).

Site ambassadors B. Diddy and Rukbat are good with this, I stole their ideas,
    and you can put this question again while saying Hi in Introductions (Android Central Community). Smarter ambassadors respond there.

Any common shady apps such as system monitors, doctor apps. I would uninstall Avast and any security and anti virus for a while. Anti virus is only useful occasionally with malicious links etc.
    You sound smart enough to rule out rogue apps.

The flashing of new firmware (a carrier store would do it) would clean a device if there was actual spyware, but your accounts seem vulnerable.

I will get back to you or keep an eye on any progress.
    DaJokr likes this.
    02-07-2017 10:35 PM
    I put a link for this thread in the only malware guide on Android Central, though it's not directly related.

[Guide] Malware / Adware / Popup Removal

Hopefully this will bump up this thread as I'm at a loss.

Try the S7 Edge forum, and the Android Central Community section as mentioned.
    A Moderator may move this to a better forum.
    DaJokr likes this.
    02-08-2017 06:09 PM
    Get rid of avast and install MalwareBytes and use lookout premium for a trial. Use Kaspersky trial and also look at the the malware guide. If that all doesn't work root your phone (not recommended) and look very thoroughly for anything suspicious and maybe change your mac address and iP address and then if that fails too then just rm -rf /(extremely not recommended) and get a new drive
    02-08-2017 06:30 PM
    Wow, that's a tough one. I am nowhere near being an expert in cybersecurity, but a few things come to mind:

1. Have you tried switching carriers? I wonder if someone is able to hack into each phone due to your keeping the same account with the same carrier.

2. Have you done an in-depth security audit of your computers? Maybe there's spyware or a keylogger installed somewhere which can track your other communications related to your device and account changes. Last resort would be to dump those computers and get new ones. Consider a Chromebook, which is much less susceptible to malware.

3. Have you contacted the local police, or even the FBI? I'm guessing that whoever is doing this to you is violating federal laws, so FBI would probably be appropriate -- but I don't know how much manpower they dedicate to this kind of thing on an individual basis. If you haven't already, start saving evidence, including those screenshots.

Good luck, and I hope this nonsense stops soon! Some people are just plain horrible.
    sfoLAX likes this.
    02-09-2017 11:30 PM
    Have had no issues of late, luckily. Took the info to the police months ago and there was nothing they could do to trace back to where messages were coming from since they were using a text app that changes the number fir every message. The only way a number stayed the same was if I replied as soon as a message arrived.
    02-16-2017 11:32 AM