How to make sd card as my default memory

SHANEEJAH

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
Hi... yesterday bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8 Inch version with 4G LTE. It had marshmellow pre-installed. Is there any way wherein I can make the SD card as my default memory. Presently whatever apps, songs, videos I download are saved in my phone memory and I have to manually/individual transfer them to SD card using the My files app. What I am asking is there any way or comman wherein I can make the SD card as my default memory so that all the apps, songs, videos I download are automatically saved to my sd card and I dont have to move them manually . please advice

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. It's storage, not memory. The SD card isn't used as RAM or ROM.

2. Format the SD card as "internal". The problem with that is that you get no choice of what goes where, so if the card goes bad, any apps and/or data on it also goes away.

You can't make the SD card your only storage (without rooting the tablet and installing a 3rd party app - but the problems if you did that would be the same - SD card goes, all your apps and data go. And SD doesn't last as long as eMMC, the internal storage in the phone.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC