I have a Samsung Galaxy On5. What I usually do at night is turn the screen off and then plug the charger into it before going to bed. The problem is that every time I plug the charger in, the screen turns on followed by an annoying little "water drop sound." If I press the "screen lock" button on the side to turn the screen off, the screen only turns back on with the little annoying sound again... It goes back-and-forth like this, sometimes for minutes, until I fiddle around with it only to somehow make it stop at some point by unknown means.

What's causing this and can I make it stop doing this? The phone isn't rooted--yet--as I'm trying to find a way to shut this functionality off without voiding any contracts, etc.

Any insight is appreciated.
    02-10-2017 12:17 PM
    Welcome.

Have you looked in Settings, Sound & Notification, More Sounds....or whatever the Samsung equivalent may be?
    02-10-2017 01:47 PM
    Hi, belodion. Yes, I looked in there and the only option that comes close to being something that might disable a feature like the one I made this entire question about is one that's called "Do Not Disturb," but that appears to be something that blocks everything--phone calls, notifications; anything and everything.

I read somewhere that there might be a "Do Not Wake on Charge setting" but I can't seem to find it on this phone. Not that I'm sure I can do it but I haven't rooted this phone--yet. I'm wondering if it's hard to do because I imagine that if I could do it, I would probably be more capable of doing it. I'm just not sure if I should due to any terms and conditions that doing that might cause problems with.
    02-10-2017 02:55 PM
    I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with Samsung phones. All I could think of is something in Developer Options, like 'Stay awake' here, but I don't see anything similar to what you describe.
    If you do find the setting, I don't think it will affect any terms of contract, or warranties.
    02-10-2017 03:32 PM
    Thanks, belodion. I'll just keep researching it but the comment I made about terms and conditions was directed to "rooting" the phone. I think rooting it constitutes a breach in contract, right?
    belodion likes this.
    02-13-2017 07:22 AM
    Ah, yes, rooting does, with most makes of phone at least, and I believe that that includes Samsungs. I thought you meant non-rooting changes to the settings.
    Wolf_22 likes this.
    02-13-2017 07:44 AM