My Samsung S7 was defective, and AT&T sent me a replacement. In the process of transferring all of my content over from my old device to the replacement device (another S7, initally using SmartSwitch), I noticed that very few of my outgoing texts had transferred over. I also tried MyBackup, Carbonite, Helium, AT&T Mobile Setup, MobileTrans ... and kept getting the same result. Upon further investigation, it turns out that the message that would not transfer wer "advanced" messages - a new format that AT&T has started migrating to (but can be disabled). None of the backup software on the market work with this format (that I can find). I've spent hours with AT&T support in chats, on the phone, in the store, and nobody can help me. This feels completely unacceptable. Does anybody know some workaround I can use to transfer these over (maybe convert advanced texts to SMS, other ideas?). I'd really like to avoid rooting my phone (maybe if it could be temporary). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    02-10-2017 04:26 PM