received harassing texts, showed kids contact but wrong number

A

AC Question

My daughter came to my crying saying she was receiving very inappropriate texts and the name popping up was her older sister. The messages were not coming from her older sister. She was so upset she deleted the texts and her sisters contact info, so I have no way to investigate within her phone. Got online billing and found the correct number. Called the woman and found out she was receiving harassing texts and the replies to the person were going to my daughters phone.

question 1. Why would the lady's replies show up in my daughters phone as her sisters contact?
question 2. is there a way to figure out where the possible spoof phone call originated?
question 3. How could I prevent this in the future.?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How close are your daughter's phone number and the contact that this harassed woman was trying to respond to? If they were close, then it's possible she entered your daughter's number by mistake and just kept using it.

But if the numbers are different, then I would discuss it with the carrier and ask what they can do about it. You could also contact the local authorities, but I'm not sure what local police can do about this kind of thing.