Hi
    I strongly believe all phones should come with a choice of having a removable battery or not
    How much more would it cost the phone manufactures to product 2 phones? (1 with removable battery and 1 without)
    No every one can afford to buy a new phone because the phone has a non removable battery
    To me phones are like cars, does anyone buy a new car because the battery died?
    02-15-2017 08:21 AM
    just as with Macs and not having user-replaceable RAM, in the quest for ever-thinner devices there are sacrifices that need to be made. One of those sacrifices is removing extraneous connectors or making them smaller. Smaller connectors are less robust, less robust connectors break more easily, so they have to move to non-moving parts for more durability.

Everyone wants "thinner and lighter", we only have ourselves to blame.
    02-15-2017 08:49 AM
    One of the new buzz words is water resistant phones. If the battery is removable, the water proof capability goes away.

Put the largest battery into the thinnest case and call it water proof; less expensive to make and has built in wow factor.
    02-15-2017 09:29 AM
    To a degree, all consumers are to blame for this. If the S6 and Note 5 bombed due to everyone buying a device that had a removable battery as opposed to a sealed one, perhaps the removable battery would still be around today.
    02-15-2017 09:42 AM
    I can still buy phones with removable batteries today.
    02-15-2017 09:53 AM