I just got my pixel xl a few days ago and have tried the cable connection from my note 4 to my pixel xl twice and the texts won't transfer. I've tried a few different 3rd party apps as well and the VZW cloud only backs up a small amount of them. I have over 166,000 texts that are on the old phone and would like to have them still, but can't get them transferred over. Would a direct VZW store be able to do this?

Any thoughts, suggestions, help?

Let me know, thanks!
    02-16-2017 11:49 AM
    I would certainly question keeping 166k text messages, but that is a different conversation.

If you cannot get the two phones talking to each other, I would go with "sms backup and restore" on each phone. Back up the text database to an xml file, copy the xml file to the other phone, restore the texts from the xml file.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...SBackupRestore
    I would certainly question keeping 166k text messages, but that is a different conversation.

If you cannot get the two phones talking to each other, I would go with "sms backup and restore" on each phone. Back up the text database to an xml file, copy the xml file to the other phone, restore the texts from the xml file.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...SBackupRestore
    02-16-2017 04:44 PM