Droid 3 or Moto E 3G?

Feb 11, 2017
Visit site
I need a backup 3G phone that will work on Page Plus. I can buy a used Droid 3 or a new Moto E 3G for about the same price, <$20. I like the keyboard feature of the D3 but am wondering how much difference the Android OS is going to matter. The D3 comes with Gingerbread and the Moto comes with KitKat.

The phone will be used to play MP3's, some light texting/voice service, maybe an occasional photo but no games and not much internet.

Any thoughts to help with the decision would be appreciated.

Feb 11, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up. I don't know how much this will effect the few apps that I would use but better to let GB go. There are a few things I don't like about the Moto E (non-removable battery, no LED flash, 4gb internal storage) but it was the only one in my price range that was KK. If anyone knows of another KK, 3G only phone in the $20 price range, please let me know. Forgot to add that it must be CDMA.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Feb 11, 2017
Visit site
My understanding is that it cannot be LTE, must be 3G and unlocked phones will not work. My Page Plus plan is tied to Verizon CDMA. So far I have not found an Android phone meeting these restrictions that is newer than KK. So it looks like I will settle on the Moto E 3G or possibly the Moto G XT1028. Neither one is ideal but since it will not be my main phone so I can live with the shortcomings.

Thank you for your time an input.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995