language changes by itself

A

AC Question

I am using Android 5.1 on my phone.
I am at present in Japan and use a japanese simcard while here.
Everytime I switch the phone on, the language which had been set to english, has automatically been changed to Japanese.

I think, I have checked all the settings, but after changing back to english, there seems to be no option to "save" the setting....

This question has been asked many years ago, without receiving an answer, does anyone in the meantime has a solution for this real nuisance?

Thank You!

A

AC Question

Language changes on my phone

I asked a question:

„I am using Android 5.1 on my phone.
Everytime I switch the phone on, the language which had been set to english, has automatically been changed to Japanese.

I think, I have checked all the settings, but after changing back to english, there seems to be no option to "save" the setting....

This question has been asked many years ago, without receiving an answer, does anyone in the meantime has a solution for this real nuisance?

Thank You! "

And got an answer from B.Diddy in form of a question:

“Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Are you talking about the System Language (i.e., the language the system menus are shown in)?"

My answer is: Yes, of course!

New Question: why is it not possible to answer on the page of my own question????

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: Language changes on my phone

I asked a question:

„I am using Android 5.1 on my phone.

Thank You! "

And got an answer from B.Diddy in form of a question:

“Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Are you talking about the System Language (i.e., the language the system menus are shown in)?"

My answer is: Yes, of course!

New Question: why is it not possible to answer on the page of my own question????

Welcome to Android Central. You should join as a member here, it's free. Just create an account. That way, you can respond in your original thread by answering any questions and providing any additional information you may have.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I merged your threads. lsmachado is correct -- in order to continue a discussion, you need to register on this forum.

It's an odd issue -- I haven't heard of SIM cards influencing the system language. Do you know what country your phone was intended for? Was it an international carrier-agnostic unlocked phone, or might it have been originally associated with a Japanese carrier, but then unlocked for global use?